I worked as an editorial fellow for The Atlantic, writing about entertainment and culture while giving them the longer, thoughtful treatments that represent The Atlantic brand. I specialized in modern pop cultural history and minority representation in pop culture, with a focus on LGBT representation. Read some sample clips at the links below.
- “The Pun-Slinging Guru of Drinking Through Parenthood”
- “TV’s Renaissance for Strong Women Is Happening in a Surprising Place”
- “The Guys Who Love Gilmore Girls“
- “The Disappointment of Michael Sam Getting Cut From the Cowboys”
- “Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Since U Been Gone’: The Best Pop Song in 10 Years”
- “What Birdman Understands About the State of Theater and Criticism”
- “The Fall of the House of Simpson”