During the summer of 2014, I wrote news and commentary for Atlantic Media’s blog The Wire. I wrote several posts a day on tight deadline, ranging from quick news posts to essays and rankings. My areas of focus were pop music, LGBT representation in pop culture, and reality TV. Read some sample clips at the links below.
- “Why Is Sam Smith Trying to Eliminate Grindr Culture?”
- “Beyoncé’s Video Vanguard Performance Belonged at a Different VMAs”
- “What Kept 2014’s Would-Be Songs of Summer from Immortality?”
- “Breaking Down How Frankie Grande Became the Most Hated ‘Big Brother’ Contestant”
- “Anna Kendrick’s Guide to Avoiding Getting Hathaway’d, Before It’s Too Late”